Thursday, November 23, 2006

oh light
don't let the darkness
overwhelm me
oh night
retreat from my dawnings,
wounded past,
be gone from memories
that burn like fire,
running riot.

oh light
let sunrise be my guide
and friend
oh sight
don't turn to shadows
for comfort.
lurking within the dark caves
of past's chaos
is pain that defiles the excitement
that still seduces my weakness.

oh ruin
loose your clammy grip
damn guilt
stripping hope from my eyes.
I turn away
I grasp my soul
wrenching it from
it's addictions.

Oh God,
I am damned without
your song
the healing current
that flows so gently
over rocks and rapids.
Oh Spirit,
wrap your fingers around
tortured thoughts
soothing the jagged edges
softening these open sores.
hear my prayer.


5 Comments:

Blogger holy chaos said...

what an honest, raw emotional poem

9:47 AM  
Blogger billy said...

thank you 'hc' and thanks also for stopping by.

4:49 PM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

hey billy,
i was reading about what you said about guilt and regret. it used to be a huge issue for me but i found some verses that i probably read everyday for almost a year here they are-Jer 31 2-20.

hope you don't think i am being too preachy... just trying to encourage

11:22 AM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

forgot one more -Zep 3:14-20

11:24 AM  
Blogger billy said...

Hey 'hc' thanks heaps for that, I'll look them up.. and don't ever worry about being preachy..we all need all the encouragement we can get.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home