Wednesday, October 11, 2006


today the sea wrapped herself around me,
the wind running fingers through my hair
as we danced, together, with the sun.

a gentle breeze moved softly, slowly,
across my bare skin
like silk draped from the trees
overhanging the bay's stillness,
flying like flags
transparent in the watery glare
and I sat, reflective and quiet.

not a cloud in the sky.
not one.
not even my own.
my soul was cradled in a watery bed
and, with each rocking,
back and forth,
side to side,
the silence returned
to the inward roar of the last few days.

a sail, flapping away,
the wake mumbling a song,
the boat in my hands,
the smell of salt and cedar
and wet ropes.

now the shadows have lengthened,
and my sun weary head
lies heavy on burnt shoulders.
i am full of sailing sounds.
my bed will welcome me tonight
with it's crisp white sails
and I will slowly find sleep
as the sound of my breath
fills the night.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ebb and flow, the turmoil and the calm ... each informing the other; remembering an anchor which has weathered many of my storms - it's a saying which goes: "never forget in the dark what you know in the light". Will smile and hold on to that anchor for you Billy when the next storm passes by. You are loved, so very loved.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home