Monday, October 30, 2006

This Island




I have found a shelter
On a rock upon the sea,

This precious island

Whose songs sang out for me.
My secret refuge
My spirit's answered call
and cry

I have seen the sunlight
Dancing ‘cross the seas

The whisper of the sea breeze
That is sighing in the trees
Leaves with dewdrops glisten
Rainbow stretching high

Across the sky

This island
This refuge

This shelter

This place
Her silence
Her dancing

Her peoples
My home.

Sheltered from the city
Beneath her shades of grey
Peace dissolves the chaos
That once filled my every day
The birds now softly singing

As the ferry’s slowly swaying

Her way home..

I can see her colours

Bathed in khaki green

Houselights gently winking
blinking through the trees
And I'm living with the rising
And the falling of the tides

I've found my home
Here.

2 Comments:

Blogger gracie said...

"slowly swaying
Her way home..."
oh, billy this is so lovely... so wonderfully written

9:44 PM  
Blogger billy said...

Ah Gracie, medicine to the soul. I have rewritten quite a few lines and I think it now 'says' more. Thank you for your comments... I'm a compliment junkie, as you know!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home