Thursday, August 31, 2006

the piano sits quietly,
aloof, alone, silent.

i have retreated to the couch,
cowering under the weight of listlessness.



my creativity has gone on vacation,

my emotions have resurrected the angst
and i wish the day would swallow me whole.

sleep is such a sweet drug for melancholics.
we consume bottles of it's sticky syrup.
fighting responsibilty, slinking off to dreamland,
hoping our restless minds surrender without delay.

i was so sure.
I had left this place.

i was wrong,
and I cannot decide.
what is driving my disappointment?

should I regret my haste in declaring my sanity?
perhaps I should rue it's demise.
But, here I am again,
silenced by my sulleness.

the piano turns away
and my soul rages at my inactivity.

5 Comments:

Blogger gracie said...

wow.... apart from the fact that I'm now worried about you...I love your personification of the piano - it's perfect.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

you up to talking sometime Billy?
would love to catch up

xx

2:46 PM  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

May your mind and soul find peace. May your words find their way from your core to the blank paper. May the writer in you flourish once again.

Be blessed. ^_^ I read your works every now and then, and admire the way you express your sentiments.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Can't make the heavyness any lighter,
or make the darkness pass any faster.
But if I can sit with you through this
I gladly will.

11:38 AM  
Blogger billy said...

ah wilsonian, you are a precious soul. Thank you.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home