Monday, August 21, 2006


ah, sweet melancholia
peaceful grey,
dark place
of the heavy soul
familiar refuge
secluded recluse

i have returned to your arms,
wrapped in your comfort
the cool embrace
of withdrawal and solitude

little grey cloud
you hover in blue skies
have I welcomed your shade?
is this madness?
am I my own abuser?

gentle hands,
come.
touch my doubt

you who understand,
tell me my story
your
wise words
have healed me
more than many times.
they have found this hiding place,
they guard my frail trust.

yet even now,
i see hope.
i float,
not sinking into the deep.
there is no fear that stalks
through locked rooms.
perhaps the shadows
are the angels friends?

ah melancholia,
you are a peaceful grey,
your dark has been joined
by light.
this is a familiar place,
a secluded refuge.




6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

"tell me my story..."

Yes, that is exactly what I've been craving. Thank you for voicing it.

11:58 AM  
Blogger billy said...

Thank you wilsonian, that's very encouraging... and sally... oh dear, how low does the net stoop

12:44 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hope your soul is healing well Billy

xx

11:25 AM  
Blogger billy said...

Thank you dear friend. I am seeing much light and sensing much grace.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh my goodness... Sally is causing me to laugh so hard it hurts...

12:27 PM  
Blogger billy said...

wilsonian... thanks for keeping me company... sometimes I wonder whether these words of mine simply fall off the earth.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home