Sunday, May 06, 2007

the forest is dark
tall trees reach their canopies high
until all sunlight is trapped within their leaves.
the air is heavy and oppressive
I am sitting on rock beside the stream
that has struggled to find its way through the undergrowth.
there is hardly a sound save the occasional thud of a
falling branch somewhere in the deep distance.
I have found myself in a place where escape seems
absolutely impossible and trying appears pointless.
I could raise my voice and cry out, but my feeble attempt would
be swallowed whole by a multitude of limbs and branches that cower
around me.
Even the mosses and lichens appear to be subdued by the heavy dimness
of this place. Yes, all around me is full of life, but this life has been captured
by a darkness that I can almost taste.
So, I sit, silent, waiting, watching, lost in my little circle of thoughts,
praying that the forest keeper will one day soon lead me back to
the pathway that winds it way to the sea.
I am not lost. I am simply incapable of finding my own way home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

..read psalms 88...David feels ya..

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home