Thursday, April 05, 2007



my soul was found
on your rocky shoreline
and within your walls
a healing solitude
bathed my mind with truth
my features became clearer,
the mirror no longer my enemy.
the idiosyncrasies,
the good and the mad
were, for perhaps the first time,
accepted as simply being
me.
A place of soft sounds,
music and water current,
wild wind and rain,
the spluttering and clatter
of all manner of boats.
I must now find my journey home.
back to the trees,
the garden with it's rocky dryness,
shrubs, flowers
and winding pathways
the road leads upwards
from island isolation
to the chaos and hubbub
of suburban life
all excitement and noise
traffic and impatience.
this house of journey,
of story, laughter and tears.
my heart belongs here.
the pilgrimage has ended
where it began
all those years ago.
the questions have been answered
and in that vulnerable transparency
I choose to accept the consequences
head high, mind clear
hope defined.
I am finally free.
I deserve to be.




2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

How beautiful, hopeful and peace-filled.

Free, indeed!

9:39 PM  
Blogger gracie said...

This is a truly moving tribute... your journey, your song... your heart has found its home (or perhaps home has found your heart).

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home