Sunday, September 16, 2007


Again.
again there is no reason,
no trigger,
no sense.
I am sinking like a stone,
plummeting to the dark depths
until the light recedes from
above.
I am exhausted by this roller coaster ride,
from the highs that barely reach normality
to the bottom,
this heart breaking, soulless, stricken blackness.

if I had tears,
if only I had tears.
I would pour out a bitter torrent,
suppressed fears that lie locked,
forever hidden inside,
beyond touching,
beyond contact,
beyond reach.

and I would howl,
I would howl a wretched beast's cry,
echoing from hopelessness to isolation,
a failing, falling cry
waiting,
again
to hit rock bottom
again.


4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Just letting you know that you're not alone...

12:29 PM  
Blogger billy said...

thank you wilsonian.. the poem may have become a litter darker than necessary.. I just needed to get a whole lot of junk off my chest.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

My prayer is that in releasing these words you released the junk, too.

5:01 AM  
Blogger billy said...

Thank you Candy, I really appreciate your thoughts. You are a real blessing

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home