Sunday, May 14, 2006

The north and south




I’m riding a rocking horse
A cranky beast
That won’t keep his course.
I’m sitting on a raging bull
That now seeks to gore me
And never stays still.
I’m walking a restless road,
That trips me with pebbles
Pretending they’re stones
I’m swimming hard against the tide
And I’m fighting the deep,
I’m restless inside.

Sometimes I am up,
Sometimes I am down
Sometimes I can swim
Sometimes I just drown.
Some days I am in
Yesterday I was out
Tomorrow’s confusing
Today is all fear.

I’m driving an ancient car
Rattling and rolling,
I can’t go too far.
I’m sailing a leaky boat,
Her sails are now flapping,
I’m bailing to float.
I’m fighting a lying mind
It spins me it’s secrets
The truth, hard to find
I’m riding a rocking horse
And the internal damn chatter
Is making me hoarse

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Bet my rocking horse can beat yours!
love always xx

6:59 PM  
Blogger billy said...

yes, I'm sure it could, mine keeps going round and round in circles

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home