Sunday, May 07, 2006


I am sailing
on a rock that's planted deep.
The earth has gripped her anchors
the shore has hold her keel.
The waters pass so gently
now kissing the higher tide
and waiting for the receding
to lose the sandy side.

I am voyaging
on the liner: "Scotland Isle".
We have cast off from the mainland
to drift in timeless tide.
I will take my watch intently
as a captain of my deck,
I am sailing to my life's blood
and my sails have all been set.

Take me away
as an island refugee
captive to your freedom
shielded from the heat
of the searchings of my troubled soul
as she set her sails in vain.
I am shipwrecked here intentionally,
on this rock to find my peace.

I have hoisted up the mainsail
I have cast off from the quay
my anchor is now high and dry
my course is fine and true.
My compass has aligned my heart
to the passions of night's sky
I am sailing on the "Scotland Isle"
and the sunrise has me bound.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a journey you're on, Billy. YEAH!!! Remember your landlubbers cheering you on.

5:35 PM  
Blogger billy said...

thank you dearest ailsa

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home