Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dancing

I am a wall, flowering,
turning my petals
away,
from the glare,
from the bright lights,
those giddy lights
of laughter
and smiles
and music.
What of these hands and feet?
Can I,
am I able,
to walk over and continue
the steps we learnt so few years ago.
And oh we danced,
drunk on the intoxication,
the whirling of love
that was liberated from
cheap hollowness.
I turn my back and pray that the wall,
would swallow me,
just a minute would do,
as my mind waltzes around and around
and around.
Your eyes catch mine
even though I am attempting to be
deaf, dumb and blind
and the waltz becomes
a mosh pit
and my anxiety triumphs
over reason.
Can I dance again?
They play my tunes,
and my heart shouts out screaming,
you have no rights
to bare my soul.
How, did I find myself
inside this ballroom,
how did this ballroom find it's place in me?
I am crippled,
I am drunk,
I am stone, cold, dangerously
sober.
Oh God,
what do I do with your eyes
for my heart is frightened
of freedom
and freedom has yet to reveal
her hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home