Monday, March 26, 2007


it seems that I am being stripped
of my sacred things.
one by one my life's icons
have fallen away
and I sense
approaching nakedness.
is my soul being lightened,
the cares and turmoil
lifted from my shoulders?
I have no answers
and in the midst of regret
do I choose
jubilation or mourning.
I have been longing for answers.
do they lie in this empty place?
Is there an unseen hand
that has wrung order
from the chaos of past years.
I dare to hope,
to dream,
to find a faith
that is frail
and unsure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Faith that is frail...
Frail is enough.
Especially when you consider that faith in you is immesurable.

11:26 AM  
Blogger billy said...

so true, so true. I have come to the conclusion that real faith is full of doubt for, if it weren't, there would be no need for faith at all. We are not asked to have "fact".. we struggle to have 'faith'.. faith in the inexplicable, faith in the unknown and uncertain.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

'not asked to have fact'...
I'll have to remember that.
It's a brilliant way to put it.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home