Tuesday, January 23, 2007


the night closes her hands
around my ever needy soul.
the waters play their tune
as lamp light shines silver
across the bay.
i am restless
searching, seeking,
as an unseen hand steadies
my chaos.
solitude; silence singing
my souls story.
I am listening
to words
that I wish were not there.
but, listen I must,
and listen I will.
oh island, your rocky shore
has me shipwrecked,
and in your beauty
i am remote and reclused.
the lamp light plays white
upon the night ripples
and I am safe in the arms of
this place of peace.
quiet night,
gentle dark,
a star to wish by
and the divine ear that hears
the turmoil of my heart.
your answer has come
before my cry.


1 Comments:

Blogger gracie said...

stunning. peace in the chaos... a perfect place to be.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home