Thursday, February 23, 2006

Grrrrr.



Today has been a challenge.
I have lost a friend and I feel just awful.

And so starts my journey into "blogdom".

I am a walker in the dark. This darkness has been my constant life companion
for as long as I can remember.

I have tried to ignore it, medicate it, discipline it, distract it, run away... yes, you get the idea.
Darkness is a very unwelcome travelling partner.

My name is Billy.

Actually, Billy isn't my name, but I really wish it was. It sounds rathere carefree, which i am most decidedly NOT,
but,
in "Blogdom" you can be anyone you like.
so,
I am Billy.

I live alone.

Yesterday I lived with my wife and teenage daughter, and many yesterdays ago, I lived with another wife and our five kidlettes.

But that was yesterday, and, let's face it, yesterday may as well lie in another universe.
Yesterday is as dead as dead can be. It isn't resurrectable...spell check please!!!

Tomorrow?

What the hell? Tomorrow always promises but so often fails to deliver. Tomorrow also turns itself into a totally different creature. Tomorrow lies in fantasy and dreams. Oh yes, we can look forward to tomorrow, filling it full of secret desires and longings. However, when tomorrow arrives, it has changed into Bloody Today.. not the TV show.. it's not nearly as cheezy.

Now, we all know about Today! Today is just yesterday served up with a fresh coat of pretense and a new date. In reality it just feels the same.

So here I am stuck with bloody Today, and the channel changer won't work, i can't turn down the sound and it is far too realistic.

Give me tomorrow any day.

Now.. have I told you about "darkness"?

Perhaps now it's a little clearer.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home